At 11:32 -0400 7/30/03, Ed Leafe wrote:
On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 11:21 AM, Paul DuBois wrote:

Please reply to the list, not just to me directly. Thanks.

Is there ever a time when it is *not* appropriate to send your response to the list instead of the individual?

Sure, however, I'm not interested in having a discussion about how mail headers are set for this list. My point in saying what I said above is that I prefer to conduct list exchanges *on the list* so that others can have the benefit of what's said.

Reasons for private replies:
- You need to include non-public information
- You want to flame me. :-)

If not, why is the list not setting a Reply-To: header? Yes, I've read the dire warnings about munging Reply-To: headers, but none of them make any valid points. I've run and participated in many lists, and have never had a problem with defaulting replies to the list.

     ___/
    /
   __/
  /