"Ralph Guzman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have to do a catalog search through multiple tables and columns for
> product model number, description, and name. I realize that doing
> pattern matching with multiple LIKE statements is slow so I found that
> FULLTEXT searches is a better alternative.
>
> I have added a FULLTEXT index to the tables I'm searching, but I get an
> unkown error when I run my query:
>
> SELECT p2c.categories_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name,
> p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_bimage,
> p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified,
> p.products_date_available, p.products_status
> FROM products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c
> WHERE MATCH(p.products_model,pd.products_name,pd.products_description)
> AGAINST('pumps')
> AND p.products_id = pd.products_id
> AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id
> ORDER BY pd.products_name;

In the MATCH() function you can use one or more columns included in the FULLTEXT
index, but you doesn't have FULLTEXT index on these three columns from different
tables.

You can mix columns from different tables if you use full-text search in BOOLEAN MODE
without full-text index.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com