From: Andreas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: standardized naming system ?

Hello list,

is there a common naming system for db objects ?

Like:

1) Tables: mytable, tblmytable, tbl_mytable

2) Indices: idx_anindex

3) Columns: int_somenumber, date_lastupdate

4) id   for the numerical primary key e.g. table  customers.id
     and then for referencing foreign keys
    table addresses :  addresses.customer_id  or   addresses.customer_fk

OK, I know I could name them the way I want but perhaps there is some
kind of common sense in this regard ?

... A.