Jim Smith wrote:

Wasn't my question.

well ... it was mine but I'll share it with you ;)

Why do you need to label a table as a table?

That was my thought, too.

There is some merit in using
type prefixes in VB because of its loose typing, but it makes no sense in a
database context where the types of objects are quite distinct.

If everything that has collums stored in is a table like in MySQL now, it really doesn't make sense.

On the other hand there are DBMS which have such things as stored queries or views that akt as tables but aren't. There it makes sense to discriminate those objects.

I'd really liked to have views by the way ...