I'm running mySql 3.23 on OS X 10.2 and I've reached a bit of an impassse with mysqlhotcopy, after having to re=install dbd and dbi, I keep getting the error:
DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '` READ, `trypanofan`.``construct`` READ, `trypanofan`.``dapi`` READ, `trypanofan' at line 1 at /usr/bin/mysqlhotcopy line 438.

there appears to be a workaround in the manual (http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/mysqlhotcopy.html) which indicates it's the method of quotation and suggests modifying 'quote_names' - unfortunately I have no idea where 'quote_names' is or where it's supposed to be.

any suggestions would be lovely...

thanks

-s

Seth Redmond

DNA resource and Database Curator
Wellcome Trust Laboratories for Molecular Parasitology
Department of Biological Sciences
Imperial College
London
SW7 2AZ