Jamie -

<<<
grant all on *.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED] identified by 'some_password' with
grant all;
flush privileges;

That definitely works, but what I am not sure about is now -u todd -h localhost has all "Y" in the privileges; before only the first few had "Y".

Why is that?  Is that due to the "*.*"?

Todd

Jamie Krasnoo wrote:
You still need to flush the privileges. Changes in permissions are not
automatically committed. Also you should add the host to the username.

grant all on *.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED] identified by 'some_password' with
grant option;
flush privileges;

Jamie