Hi Todd,

2003年 8月 4日 月曜日 08:01、Todd Cary さんは書きました:
> Nils -
>
> What is the difference between "*.* " and "* "?
Hi Todd I just double checked.
There is no difference. Both work the same way. I originally thought that the
first one wouldn't have worked, but I checked it now. However I believe that
*.* is the prober syntax.

> Does Grant All give the user the rights to create a DB?

The below command allows the user todd all privileges (CREATE,INSERT,DELETE,
UPDATE etc.) . The "with grant option" will also allow the user todd to
create new users.

About the command itself, I just doule checked once more.

If you specify only the username then a wildcard is insert for the hostname
(%) which allows the user todd to be able to login from anywhere. make sure
thats what you really want !!

In any other case you could specify the user as '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to limit it to
only the one host.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan