Hi folks, trying to set up replication and I'm getting this problem
which I can't see how to fix despite reading of the manual and
google.

I have set up a master and a slave according to the manual.  The
master runs 4.0.12 and the slave runs 4.0.14, they are both actually
on the same machine (it's a long story, but it's what I need).  I
did LOAD DATA FROM MASTER on the slave which completed successfully,
and then I tried SLAVE START:

ERROR 1200: The server is not configured as slave, fix in config file or with CHANGE
MASTER TO

but.. it is!

on the slave:

mysql> show slave status\G
          Master_Host: 127.0.0.1
          Master_User: repl
          Master_Port: 3306
        Connect_retry: 60
      Master_Log_File: angora-bin.001
  Read_Master_Log_Pos: 20102800
       Relay_Log_File: angora-relay-bin.001
        Relay_Log_Pos: 4
Relay_Master_Log_File: angora-bin.001
     Slave_IO_Running: No
    Slave_SQL_Running: No
      Replicate_do_db:
  Replicate_ignore_db:
           Last_errno: 0
           Last_error:
         Skip_counter: 0
  Exec_master_log_pos: 20102800
      Relay_log_space: 8
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

On the master:

mysql> show master status;
| File           | Position | Binlog_do_db | Binlog_ignore_db |
| angora-bin.001 | 24954609 |              |                  |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Any ideas what I missed?

--
"I remember the first time I made love.  Perhaps it was not love exactly but I
 made it and it still works."