On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:52:54AM -0400, walt wrote:
> Andy,
> I don't see
> "log-slave-updates"
> in your master setup. I see log-bin, but I "think" that only applies to
> updates done directly to the database (not replication updates). I'm not 100%
> sure about that, but it may be worth looking into.

OK, so why would that prevent my _slave_ from even doing "slave
start"?  "liveservices" is just one database and there are plenty of
others on that server, which are being constantly updated, so
updates are happening all the time regardless of whether
"liveservices" is being replicated.

I can understand why missing off log-slave-updates may prevent
liveservices from being replicated but I cannot see why it would
stop the slave threads from starting _at all_.

--
"My current provisioning rule is to have no more than 2 out of 3 upstreams in
 bankruptcy at any one time. Of course, we allow the 3rd to be near bankruptcy,