Hello,

I want to fetch the page via php from a mysql-db, which is called by an
emulated filename (mod_rewrite, but that might be unimportant).
So I have a file, which is called by guestbook.html - so I have to find the entry
in my db, where the page title is guestbook. But there isn't a only column for
this virtual filenames, but only entries like "Guestbook", "This & much
more..." and so on.
Becaus I'm not able to use "This & much more..." or thinks like this as
filenames, I have first have to bring the letters to lower case and then to filter
all the special chars. but how can i do this?

because it is for a german cms, I first translate ä,ö,ü,ß

my current solution (whitout replacing special chars) is this:

WHERE
REPLACE (
  REPLACE (
    REPLACE (
      REPLACE (
        LOWER( pagetitle ) ,
      'ö', 'oe'),
    'ä', 'ae'),
  'ü','ue'),
'ß','ss') LIKE 'guestbook'

the column pagetitle has in one entry the value "Guestbook" - but how can i
find a entry "This & much more..." - how to delete whitespaces, &, . and the
other chars that are not numbers or digits?

doing this at reading from the db has the benefit that I don't have to do so
many hacks in the cms as when I would do it at inserting. The problem of the
performance might be not so heavy (if I wouldnt have to use much more
Replace (...)), becaus the cms is just for small pages which are hosted on
shared hosting servers.

thanx for your help,
Steffen