as far as i know, php won't by default log in as some my.cnf user.
but you can set a default username/passwort/dbname etc. in the php.ini, should be in
the [mysql] section.
as a little additional 'security' (if one could call it that) can be achieved by
masking the username/password in the php script by quoted_printable, base64 or binhex
or multiple of them.
moreover, if you use a special mysql user for that, you should restrict access for
that one to localhost (or one specific host) and to SELECT only. so no write access...

-yves

Original Message from Nils Valentin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at 13.08.2003 06:41:29: