On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 12:10:16PM -0400, Tom Mattison wrote:
: Greetings List,
:
:   I'm running a dedicated MySQL server on a Dell PE 2550, dual proc. 4GB
: RAM.  Its using the Dell PERC 3/Di Scsi RAID controller with 18GB disks.  I
: running RH 7.3 with the latest updates(Kernel 2.4.20-19.7smp).  The MySQL
: version is the rpm currently being provided by the RH updates.  I have been
: trying to tune the MySql daemon for a week now to prevent swapping.  No
: matter what I do, I still end up with about 60GB of used swap space.
:
:   Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?  TIA for any suggestions/help!

That's not MySQL causing the problem, that's Linux's memory
management.  Of course, in your data below, you have 60MB of used
swap, not 60GB.

If you want to track the issue with Redhat, check out bug 89226 on
their bugzilla website.

* Philip Molter
* Texas.net Internet
* http://www.texas.net/