At 9:54 -0400 8/19/03, Luc Foisy wrote:
Would anything happen to the database if I ran "myisamchk --silent /usr/data/mysql/*/*.MYI" when I havent run "FLUSH TABLES" first?

Yes, you may have unflushed changes still in the server's buffers. Running myisamchk in that case can make the tables *in*consistent because the tables won't have in them what the server thinks.

Don't do it.

As it states in the documentation:
If mysqld is running, you must force a sync/close of all tables with FLUSH TABLES and ensure that no one is using the tables while you are running myisamchk. In MySQL Version 3.23 the easiest way to avoid this problem is to use CHECK TABLE instead of myisamchk to check tables.

Or is that only to avoid seeing:
myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly

Its very important that I get an answer soon... Please and Thank you

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified? http://www.mysql.com/certification/