My TODO List:

1. Speed
More speed in inserts, deletes and selects.

2. Stoplist
1 stoplist for each index
create fulltext index on x( y) stoplist 'mystop'

the stoplist could be divided in section like my.cfg:
[STOPWORD]
[VARIABLES]
ft_min_word_len=3
[CLASSES]
[SPECIAL CHARS]

The classes section defines word boundary; assigning chars or group
of chars to one class (Alphanumeric, Word Break, punctuation, etc.).
The parser uses this section to extract words to index.
SPECIAL CHARS = replacement of some character ( ASCII > 128) to an
equivalent 7bit character ( eg é=e --> index resumé as resume).

3. Proximity

4. TAGs
Recognize tags to stop/restart index: inside the text I can insert
tags to skip indexing a part of text (stop index, start index).

5. UDF or Filter
Cascade UDF. The output of one function can be sent to input of
another function.
Every record can have a different filter.
This solution allows to handle external documents( Text, Word, Excel,
XML, PDF, etc) without storing their data in a table (just store path
& type) crypt them (usefull in CD-ROM distribution).
This filter can also fill other columns with data from the text.

These features with no great speed degrade can improve MySql and open new opportunity to MySql.

Santino