on 8/26/03 2:05 AM, Roger Baklund at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> * Scott Haneda
> [...]
>> * Roger Baklund
>>> For information on the options files:

> [...]
>
>> Where do all my defaults come from if my.cnf only has
>> datadir=/usr/local/mysql/data
>
> Like the link describes, there are multiple my.cnf files, mysql reads them
> all. If you only have datadir in one of them, you could still have other
> options in other active option files.

Thatıs where I am lost, I can see all these options in show variables;
However, I only have /etc/my.cnf, I do not have DATADIR/my.cnf, ~/.my.cnf
and as stated before, there is only a path to my data directory in
/etc/my.cnf

So I still wonder, where are all my other settings being read from? How do I
see the path for defaults-extra-file