Antony,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 06:45:27PM +0400, Antony Dovgal wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:37:41 +0200
> Fred van Engen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Please elaborate.
>
> I've already answered:

On the list I just saw your 'bad advice' message without explanation.

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:07:19 +0400
> Antony Dovgal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > You don't need execute UPDATE's in the loop in this case.

Correct.

> and you don't need to make another one connection, of course.

In the general case you may need to, but not in the usual case in which
you use mysql_query. I thought you did, but just double-checked. You
only need to if you use mysql_unbuffered_query and don't read all
results first.

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XB Networks B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                Televisieweg 2