From: "Jay Paulson"
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 2:57 PM
Subject: Random Selects

Hello-

I'm trying to get random information out of my table and the query I'm
using keeps returning the same row every time.  In the table I have 3
rows and I want to choose at random in the sql which row to return.
Here's an example query I have.

SELECT * FROM banner ORDER BY rand() asc limit 0,1

This returns the first row in the table every time.  What's strange is
that I have a query for a table that has about 500 rows in it and it
works fine with the exact same syntex (except the the table is
different).  Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!