Actually, Secure Shell is built on Secure Socket Layer.
You generally speak of SSL with HTTPS connections.

You can open an SSH session with a remote Unix box (or anything with an sshd running)
then MySQL through that and it's encrypted.  You can also create tunnels with SSH, but
I've never done it.

Gregory L. Hering
4807 Bradford Drive
Huntsville, AL 35805