Hallo everyone !

I already sent this, but I think some people think is
not clear enough ;-)

Im using Mysql 4.0.12 on RedHat 7.3 x86
I know it's not the last binary but I cannot upgrade
now. (And i saw nothing about this in the changelog
for 4.013 and 4.0.14)

I found the following :

I have two tables :

Stock (InnoDB, primary key on d):
a char (16)
b char (20)
c char (20)
d int
e decimal (9,2)
h int
i int

PTemp (MyISAM, no keys):
d int
e decimal
f int
g char (1)

And the statement I am using is :

INSERT INTO PTemp SELECT d,e,32,'E' FROM Stock WHERE
h<i ORDER BY a,b,c;

I am doing an insert/select with order by, in both
cases I am using the same statemant.

When I use the same statement in my application (built
with C, and statically linked
to libmysqlclient.a) I get the reversed order (the
records that start with '0' are at the end).

When I test the statement in the mysql cli and I get
the results well sorted (the records that start with
'0' are at the begining).

I checked the log and both statements are equal, (but
the two users used to access the DB are different,
the mysql cli user is root, and the other just have
enough permissions to select,
update,delete and insert in the tables).

I would like to know (if that is possible) what
happens.

Thanks in advance.
Ale