Hi Stephan,

Let's see the case :

I use ORDER BY, because I want that order in PTemp
table, so I do not have to order them later (because
they are retrieved several times later).

1. Inserting with mysql c.l.i. :

I get the records well sorted : first by a, secondly
by b and finally by c (ascendig order). I'm using d to
relink both tables in a join.

2. Inserting with the application :

I get the records well sorted : first by a, secondly
by b and finally by c, but in descending order. As all
records has the same value in a, so the records that
in case 1 start with '0' are at the beginning, the
same records here are at the end. I'm using d to
relink both tables in a join.

I thought that was clear when I said reverse order,
sorry.

So you see what I mean ?

thanks !