Bill,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Bill Todd"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 4:27 AM
Subject: Do InnoDB rollback segments expand dynamically?

> Using InnoDB with an autoextend tablespace, if I start a transaction that
> results in many record versions, will the rollback segments grow
dynamically
> and force the tablespace to grow dynamically to provide the required room
> for record versions in the rollback segments?

yes.

I have a question, too: if you are the Bill Todd who posts to the Borland
newsgroups, what is the status of the new DBExpress driver for MySQL? The
problem in old drivers was that they established a new connection for each
individual SQL statement. Transactions and several other MySQL features did
not work because of that.

I saw some 4 weeks ago a Borland engineer mention that this is now fixed in
a beta release of the driver. Is this so?

> Bill

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for MySQL

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/