At 12:43 AM 9/9/2003, you wrote:
Bill,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Bill Todd"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 4:27 AM
Subject: Do InnoDB rollback segments expand dynamically?

> Using InnoDB with an autoextend tablespace, if I start a transaction that > results in many record versions, will the rollback segments grow dynamically > and force the tablespace to grow dynamically to provide the required room > for record versions in the rollback segments?

yes.

I have a question, too: if you are the Bill Todd who posts to the Borland
newsgroups, what is the status of the new DBExpress driver for MySQL? The
problem in old drivers was that they established a new connection for each
individual SQL statement. Transactions and several other MySQL features did
not work because of that.

I saw some 4 weeks ago a Borland engineer mention that this is now fixed in
a beta release of the driver. Is this so?

Heikki,
Most people have given up on DBExpress for MySQL because of bugs. If you want a MySQL component that works well really with Delphi, check out MySQL DAC 1.50 from CoreLabs http://www.crlab.com/. They have an eval that you can download. I've been using it for the past 3 months and I'm really impressed. They have a FetchRows property that allows the query to fetch as little at 25 rows at a time from a large query (you can specify how many rows to fetch at a time). This allows a million row query to open instantly. The documentation and support are also excellent. And of course it handles InnoDb tables. :-)

Mike