Hi!

On Sep 09, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> Paul DuBois wrote:
>
> >At 12:00 +1000 9/9/03, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> >
> >>It's been suggested that I add 'enable-locking' to the [mysqld]
> >>section of my.cnf.
> >

> >You might want to reconsider.  It's disabled by default on all systems
> >as of MySQL 4, and was disable by default before that on Linux.
>
> I see.
>
> I had always thought that locking would be a good idea for us.
> We have 40 or so people on a LAN, running MS Access XP front-ends, and
> some web clients as well. Many of the Access front-ends are in
> 'datasheet' mode - ie where users can see multiple records on the one
> screen.

This option is not really about "locking" but only about "external
locking" - which is necessary when several programs access the same
table files, e.g. if you have several mysqld running on the same data
directory. As this is hardly your setup :) - I assume you have only one
mysqld process running - you don't need external locking.

Regards,
Sergei

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>