At 10:46 PM -0400 9/13/03, Randy_Chrismon/[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Also, I did a clean install using RPMs on a Redhat 9.0 machine. A straight
install (rpm -Uvh) failed on a bunch of dependencies -- including the fact
that apparently MySQL 3.2.? was installed with Redhat. I did an rpm -e on
the existing installation, tried again on the new distributions and got
failed dependencies for libcrypto 0.9.6 and libssl (don't remember the
version number). The Redhat 9 installation has libcrypto 0.9.7a, so I'm
not sure why the dependency check fails. I whent ahead with a --nodeps
install and the basic server seems to run alright. However, when I then
tried to install -Max, the service wouldn't start. I haven't pursued that
problem -- simply went back to the basic server install. Actually, I had
to do a complete reinstall of the server to get it to work. One question:
do I need Max to get the transaction type capabilities for committing,
roll back, etc? The documentation seems to imply yes in some places and no
in others. Is the InnoDB in MySQL-server, enough to get these
capabilities?

InnoDB is standard in MySQL precompiled distributions (including RPMs) as of MySQL 4. Before MySQL, you needed to install MySQL-Max to get InnoDB support.

Note that you still need MySQL-Max if you want BDB support.

-- Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer Madison, Wisconsin, USA MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL certified? http://www.mysql.com/certification/