At 03:09 PM 9/17/2003, you wrote:
Anything that anyone can suggest that might point me in some direction would
be very helpful. I'm just at a complete lose right now ...

James,

See the Google Group search:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=mysql+%22Access+denied+for+user%22&btnG=Google+Search

There are quite a few suggestions listed there.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: James M Kupernik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 3:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: random access denied

Hello,

I am having a frustrating problem with MySQL. I don't consider myself a
newbie, nor am I a master, but either way I can't figure out this problem
and I'm hoping someone here has an idea of what is going wrong.

Every so often MySQL decides it doesn't want to authenticate a user, doesn't
matter on the user/db, etc;. The error message is: 030916 16:10:50      39
Connect     Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)

I have a whole log full of these messages. Now and soon as the page is
refreshed or you try logging in again (from the command line) it goes
through. It's only a temp error.

If anyone has any suggestion I'm more than willing to try them. This server
was supposed to be in production about a week ago and I can't let it go like
this.

Thanks very much!!

Jamie