At 11:17 AM 9/18/2003, you wrote:
It's not a continued access denied, because it can accept connections all
day long, but randomly it will just deny one, but the accept it on the next
try.

I've googled this problem to death, I don't know what else I can do

James,

Are you sure it's not something simple like exceeding the Max_Connections? (Default is 100) I'm sure you've checked this but there's no harm in asking.

For something a little more esoteric, check out the user's Grant properties. It is possible to define Max_Connections_Per_Hour, Max_Updates_Per_Hour or Max_Queries_Per_Hour for the user. So he could be prohibited one hour, but next hour he regains access.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: mos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 5:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: random access denied

At 03:09 PM 9/17/2003, you wrote: >Anything that anyone can suggest that might point me in some direction >would be very helpful. I'm just at a complete lose right now ...

James,

See the Google Group search:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=mysql+
%22Access+denied+for+user%22&btnG=Google+Search

There are quite a few suggestions listed there.

Mike