At 3:25 PM -0700 9/17/03, Hsiu-Hui Tseng wrote:
After specify the variablies for innodb in my.cnf file, I started mysql
server. Why I did not see the creating output? But I can see it in err file.

If there is an error file, that's where you'll see the output.

If you mean you want to see it on the console, then you should start
the server in such a way that diagnostic output is sent there rather
than to the error log.

On Windows, start it like this from the command line:

mysqld --console

On Unix, start the server like this from the command line *without*
using mysqld_safe or mysql.server:

mysqld

thanks

Hsiu-Hi