Bill Leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you for the response Victor!

Victoria ;)

> On 9/22/03 4:02 AM, "Victoria Reznichenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>>> One of our users is trying to execute the LOAD DATA INFILE command (using
>>> PHP to talk to MySQL). It is failing for some reason... Everything I believe
>>> is set properly, i.e:
>>>
>>> - the user has the file priv enabled
>>> - the file they are reading is world readable
>>> - they are specifing absolute path (also tried relative path as well)
>>
>> Please, provide exactly error message.
>
> The .err log is very slight on comments... Only startups and shutdowns save
> for a couple of errors in August. So it doesn?t appeat to be recording
> anyting about "why" this particular command is not working. Is there a way
> to make logging more verbose, or a different location for another log I am
> not aware of?

I mean error message that users get when they try to execute LOAD DATA statement, f.e.
"access denied" error or something else. Just ask users about exactly error messages.
Error message helps to find causes of failed LOAD DATA.

>>> System specifics is MySQL 3.23.53 on OS X Server 10.2.4, this is Apple's
>>> standard build. PHP is at 4.3.1
>>>
>>> The user has a pretty much identical test environment he claims it works
>>> there (and works even without the file priv enabled)
>>
>> Does LOAD DATA INFILE work without FILE privilege or LOAD DATA LOCAL?
>
> LOAD DATA INFILE does work on his development machine without (and with) the
> FILE priv.

Are you sure? LOAD DATA INFILE should'nt work without FILE privilege. What version of
MySQL do you use?

> Have not yet tested LOAD DATA LOCAL in either case (it wouldn't
> help solve the task if it did, but if it helps troubleshoot this problem we
> will try!

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com