Hello All,
    I have come to know that mySQL FULL TEXT search has the limitation of the search
phrase to be more then 3 charators. In order to alter the default behavior one has to
alter the variable ft_min_word_len.
    I am running MySQL 3.23.54 and the FULL Text search works fine , but I am unable
to alter the variable ft_min_word_len either using the my.cnf file or by altering the
variable value on mysql startup. In addition when I show all variables used by mySQL
the variables with ft_ prefix do not show up.
    Is this FULL Text alteration limited to later verison of mySQL Server or am I
doing something wrong , can anyone please help me with this and let me know how to
alter the limit of the input phrase for FULL TEXT search.
Imran.