At 17:07 +0100 9/23/03, Imran Aziz wrote:
Hello All,
I have come to know that mySQL FULL TEXT search has the limitation of the search phrase to be more then 3 charators. In order to alter the default behavior one has to alter the variable ft_min_word_len.
I am running MySQL 3.23.54 and the FULL Text search works fine , but I am unable to alter the variable ft_min_word_len either using the my.cnf file or by altering the variable value on mysql startup. In addition when I show all variables used by mySQL the variables with ft_ prefix do not show up.
Is this FULL Text alteration limited to later verison of mySQL Server or am I doing something wrong , can anyone please help me with this and let me know how to alter the limit of the input phrase for FULL TEXT search.
Imran.

Yes, this variable can be set as of MySQL 4, but not in 3.23. See:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Fulltext_Fine-tuning.html

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA