Can you post the contents from the todo directory?

-----Original Message-----
From: Avram Aelony [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:14 AM
To: Victor Pendleton
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MySQL newbie: table gone after reboot

I am unfamiliar with frm, myd, and myi files, yet  perhaps is
insightful?
-Avram

[aa:/usr/local/mysql] % ls -l data
total 41032
-rw-rw----   1 mysql  wheel      6362 Sep 23 22:55 aa.local..err
-rw-rw----   1 mysql  wheel     25088 Sep  8 00:43
ib_arch_log_0000000000
-rw-rw----   1 mysql  wheel   5242880 Sep 23 22:55 ib_logfile0
-rw-rw----   1 mysql  wheel   5242880 Sep  8 00:43 ib_logfile1
-rw-rw----   1 mysql  wheel  10485760 Sep 23 22:54 ibdata1
drwxr-x---  20 mysql  wheel       680 Sep  8 00:37 mysql/
drwx------   8 mysql  wheel       272 Sep 22 23:59 sampdb/
drwxr-x---   5 mysql  wheel       170 Sep 10 17:18 test/
drwx------   2 mysql  wheel        68 Sep 10 17:11 testdb1/
drwx------   5 mysql  wheel       170 Sep 23 00:56 todo/
[aa:/usr/local/mysql] %

The aa.local..err file contains lengthy text about starts,stops to the
server and errors, the other files appear to be binary..