From: Avram Aelony [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 1:33 PM
To: Victor Pendleton
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MySQL newbie: table gone after reboot

I have tried logging in as root  ( mysql -p -u root todo )
and also as myself and both methods yield the same results, shown below:

mysql> SHOW TABLES FROM todo;
ERROR 12: Can't read dir of './todo/' (Errcode: 13)
mysql>

It continues to be curious...
-A

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 08:22  AM, Victor Pendleton wrote:

> Does the user who you start the MySQL Server up with own the directory
> and
> the files? If the files are there you can try issuing a `show tables
> from
> todo`. If the tables appear try running `check table tasks` and let us
> know
> what the output is.

>>> table. Everything worked perfectly.  Then I shutdown MySQL and