Seems to be a problem with the fact that the server is on a Linux
box.
I was having this problem connecting the mysql command environment to
the linux server until I added -protocol=TCP to the login statement.
Or maybe it's just that we use a TCP/IP network (doesn't everybody?).
Anyway, my test user is using Win2K, accessing the MySQL server which
resides on a Redhat 9 linux box. We are on the same network domain
inside the firewall. Essentially, I believe I need some way to tell
the ODBC driver (and also the mysql command center and the command
line) that the protcol is TCP. Is their an environment variable that
would do this? This is starting to make me look bad...
Thanks.
Randy