On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 01:19:19PM +0100, Oluwaseun Osewa  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been studying the basic limitation that the number of
> committed transactions per second possible in a relational databases
> is limited by the number of writed per second of the underlying hard
> disk, since each transaction requires at least the write-ahead log data
>
> to be flushed to disk on commit, thus limiting the number of durable
> transactions commits possible per second.

InnoDB already provides this flexability.

  innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit={0,1,2}

As described in the InnoDB and MySQL documentation.

It's server-wide, not per-connection or transaction, but it's there
today.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 16 days, processed 586,074,652 queries (405/sec. avg)