On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:36:46PM +0100, Seun Osewa  wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Hmmm ... I guess the meat of my suggestion is that it be made
> available on a per-transaction basis because in many applications
> some transactions are more "critical" than others.  So even on
> systems where there are *some* transactions that need to be
> flushed to log immediately we can still get some speedups by
> delaying log writes for transactions that do not need this...
> transactions that can afford to be lost if the server crashes.

I agree.  For ultimate flexability, you'd want this done on a
per-transaction basis.  I was simply pointing out that you can
get *some* of the benefit today at a server-wide level.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 18 days, processed 681,914,400 queries (417/sec. avg)