Hello -

I have the following command to back up a MySQL database on a remote machine. Works beautifully from the command line when run manually as root:

mysqldump -h 192.227.20.50 -u root --password=yourmama --opt my_database >
/Dumps/my_database.dump

This results is a nifty SQL file with data.

However, when I attempt to run the same command from the root user's crontab, it results in an empty file.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong. The command is running from root's cron file. The file has rw privs for root and the enclosing directory is owned by root. It doesn't have a problem running manually...

Patrick