On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 05:04 PM, Paul DuBois wrote:

Please reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (not to me personally),
so that others can follow this discussion.

At 16:56 -0400 10/6/03, Patrick Larkin wrote:
On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 04:37 PM, Paul DuBois wrote:

Does the PATH setting for jobs run by cron include the directory where
mysqldump is located?

Hmmm. Don't know. I have other cron jobs doing things in other places. How do I set this path?
Thanks for replying...

Patrick

One way to set the path would be to place your mysqldump command in a helper script:

#! /bin/sh
export PATH=your-path-setting-here
mysqldump ....

Then invoke the helper script from the crontab, rather than invoking
mysqldump directly.

But it's probably easier just to modify the crontab entry to invoke
mysqldump by its full pathname.

Sorry. I'm new to the list and didn't realize the headers didn't include the LIST as the replyto.

mysqldump IS in the path, like I said, I can issue the command with no problem manually from the shell. Its only when I cron the command when I get an empty file.

Patrick