At 14:53 -0700 10/9/03, Scott Brown wrote:
I am running MySQL 4.1 in a sandbox, trying to test some code against it.

No matter what, even when no value is explicitly applied, or the field is not explicitly named in a SQL statement, the TIMESTAMP column refuses to update.

I have tested this with several programs written in 3 different languages.

Is this a known issue? Anybody got any pointers to info on this?

What happens with this code (use with whatever you wish for the default database):

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS t;
CREATE TABLE t (ts TIMESTAMP, i INT);
INSERT INTO t (i) VALUES(0);
SELECT * FROM t;

And then what happens with this code, after you wait a few seconds:

UPDATE t SET i = i + 1;
SELECT * FROM t;

Finally, what's the output from this statement:

SELECT @@sql_mode;

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA