DROP TABLE IF EXISTS t;
CREATE TABLE t (ts TIMESTAMP, i INT);
INSERT INTO t (i) VALUES(0);
SELECT * FROM t;

At this point, the timestamp field is un-interpretable. SELECT returns 0000-00-00 9:01 AM

UPDATE t SET i = i + 1;
SELECT * FROM t;

Returns the same thing; 0000-00-00 9:01 AM. JFYI, none of this is correct, not even the time.

Finally, SELECT @@sql_mode; returns:

+------------+
| @@sql_mode |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

This is MySQL 4.1.0 alpha max nt, btw.

Stranger and stranger...

If I simply convert the column type to DATETIME, all of them are fine, and appear to have been properly stamped. So, my guess is, the error, or whatever it is that is happening, is occurring upon retrieval? Is this actually an ODBC driver issue? I am using the latest MyODBC, beta, I believe, 3.51.06.00 for Windows...

Thanks!
--Scott Brown