If the are a UNIX CGI plant then they probably run PERL which then you
can use DBI; this is much different then writing HTML since PERL by
itself can't include raw imbedded html. So, I suggest using PHP it
should be easier for you to make a transition to then a pure old fashion
CGI script.

Look below

<?php

mysql_connect()

?>
<h2> I connected </h2>

<?php

# do something else

?>

<h2> More html </h2>

Check out www.php.net and PHP for programmers by WOX publishing. This
will help you out allot.

- Dathan Vance Pattishall
  - Sr. Programmer and mySQL DBA for FriendFinder Inc.
  - http://friendfinder.com/go/p40688