On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 06:41:42PM -0400, Dora wrote:
> I m open to suggestions.  I use HTML and JavaScript regularly.  If I
> have some sample code I could hack it do what I need.  My website is on
> a UNIX CGI plant form.

I'd suggest PHP.  Perl, PHP and to a lesser degree, C and Python, are the
popular languages for doing interactive web development on Unix/Linux.

I admittedly haven't played with Python yet, but PHP is quite easy to
pick up, and from what I've seen of JavaScript, will probably be the
closest to what you're used to.

YMMV and everyone here will have different suggestions. :^)

The aforementioned "MySQL: The definitive guide..." by Paul DuBois,
published by New Riders, is where I first picked up PHP, and seems to
be a most excellent book on MySQL in general. :)

  http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735712123

Good luck!

-bill!
[disclaimer: I'm consulting for Nerdbooks :^) ]