I had an odd issue happen with one of our MySQL Servers last night (4.0.15a-max), and I'm wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on the issue.

I noticed the issue as one of the clients that connects to the server started receiving Too Many Connection and/or Could not create new thread messages. When I managed to take a look at the process list, I could see that there were hundreds of connections pending login.. it looked like they were waiting on a locked table, but I could not see any.

I managed to get it corrected by doing a FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK and then an UNLOCK TABLES.. but I have no idea what may have caused this Login problem.

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Derek Buttineau