Hello everybody:

        I have the following scenario:
        I have a database of products, each of those products have a product number
(like 04543000). Now the first five digits represent the product number, and
the 2 following digits represent a differet color for the same product.
        Now I have to show the thumbnails of this products but only for one color.
So my query should look something like this:

        SELECT DISTINCT(product_number) FROM products.

        Now this query will return all the different product numbers i.e. but it
will also return the different colors as a different product number.
        Is there anyway to have a query like:
        SELECT DISTINCT(first_five_product_numbers) FROM products?

        I can find the solution to it. Maybe the solution will be more experience
:) But maybe the solution can be the list.

         Thanks,

                 Hector