As I understand it mysql is a single process multi-threaded application. I have
heard of some thread schedulers that allow for a certain granularity of
determining where to run a particular thread / process.  I think this is the
purpose behind Sun's processor groups.

Is there such a thing for Linux?

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]: