From: Gregory Norman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 10:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: error message

Hello,

I am new to mysql trying to learn by following the instructions from a
trainning book. While following the instructions from the book that I am
using I got the following error message, without the quotes, "Column
count doesn't match value count at row 1". I entered the following
command,

INSERT INTO host
VALUES('localhost','database_name','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','
Y');

According to the book that I am using this command should add the
hostname/database combination to the MySQL RDBMS.

I have searched for this error message unsuccessfully at MySQL's
website. If someone would explain to me what I am doing wrong, or where
I can find information that will help me get past this point I would
appreciate it. BTW I am using version 40.0.14.

Gregory Norman