From: "Gregory Norman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 10:31
Subject: error message

> Hello,
>
> I am new to mysql trying to learn by following the instructions from a
trainning book. While following the instructions from the book that I am
using I got the following error message, without the quotes, "Column count
doesn't match value count at row 1". I entered the following command,

> INSERT INTO host
VALUES('localhost','database_name','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y');

> According to the book that I am using this command should add the
hostname/database combination to the MySQL RDBMS.

> I have searched for this error message unsuccessfully at MySQL's website.
If someone would explain to me what I am doing wrong, or where I can find
information that will help me get past this point I would appreciate it. BTW
I am using version 40.0.14.