Hi All,

I have been trying to assist in a replication problem with Solaris. Seems the
problem came down to using an IP address in the CHANGE MASTER command. The
Slave would not connect properly to a master defined by IP address, but when
the IP was out in a hosts file and the hostname specified everything was fine.

See: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/Mysql/Q_20767370.html

In addition, this issue is mentioned in a comment at

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Replication_HOWTO.html

"Posted by Juha Palomaki on Thursday September 18 2003, @11:18am
I couldn't get the replication working on Solaris (SunOS 5.8) with MySQL MAX
4.0.15 precompiled binary with IP addresses. When I tried to start the
replication it was always complaining about not being able to login as
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Everything started working after I put the IP address
to /etc/hosts and put the name of the machine instead of IP address
to /etc/my.cnf."

I do not use Solaris and cannot replicate this myself, but is this a known
issue or should it go to bugs.mysql.com?

Regards,
Mike Hillyer
www.vbmysql.com