Hello,
I have opted to insert some small jpg files into the mysql database using java.
Code below.

When I do a select from the table using the mysql> command line, it generates
pages of
which I guess is a visual of the blobed data.

Anyway, I am used to Oracle I guess where it still shows the data, but shows a blob in
the column and not all the lines.

Am I doing this wrong, or is this the way it is handled?

Here is my code, the api showed using a prepared statement. It works, but the
selecting does not look proper.

Thanks,
Scott
####### code below)

Connection db = null;
        PreparedStatement stmt = null;
        ResultSet rs = null;

        try {
            db = DriverManager.getConnection(
                                             "jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/menagerie",
                                             "root", "xxxxx");

                     InputStream in = new FileInputStream(f);

            stmt = db.prepareStatement("insert into preview (username, theblob) values
(?, ?)");
            stmt.setString(1, "louie-louis");
            stmt.setBinaryStream(2, in, (int)f_length);