The answer is actually quite simple!

There are a few reasons:

1. Features.

Each table type has something over the other. While InnoDB has transactions,
foreign keys, hot backup capabilities, consistant read and better write
concurrency (for many situations), MyISAM has FULLTEXT indexes, the
option of having secondary AUTO_INCREMENT columns, OpenGIS
data storage (in 4.1 and above) as well as slighly simplified offline backups.
Additionally, MyISAM has lower disk space requirements for any given amount
of data.

2. Price

When looking at commercial licensing, it costs more to buy a version
that includes InnoDB.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chris