From: Paul DuBois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 1:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: How do I restrict a mysql user only can work on a database

At 1:06 PM +1100 10/27/03, Clive Luk wrote:
>| localhost | testdb | testuser | Y           | Y           | Y           |
>Y           | Y           | Y         | N          | Y               | Y
>| Y          | Y                     | Y                |
>
>the N is Grant_priv
>
>I don't understand why? thanks...

Don't understand what?  Why Grant_priv is N? It's not included in "ALL
PRIVILEGES".

As far as being able to access the mysql database, apparently you've
granted global access to it, or any-user access to it at the database
level.  Does SELECT * FROM mysql.db WHERE Db='mysql' show anything?

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified?  http://www.mysql.com/certification/